Fidelity Bonding Program
Are you having trouble finding work due to a problem in your background?
Are you an employer looking for extra assurance so that you can hire an at-risk job applicant?
Alaska’s Fidelity Bonding Program can help!
The Fidelity Bonding Program provides no-cost, no-deductible bonding for at-risk job seekers to overcome barriers to employment, and helps alleviate employer concerns about hiring at-risk job applicants. It is administered by the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Division of Employment and Training Services.
Who is considered "at-risk"?
- Ex-offenders, including anyone with a record of arrest, conviction or imprisonment, and anyone who has ever been on probation or parole
- Individuals recovering from alcohol or drug abuse or addiction
- Persons having a poor credit record or who have declared bankruptcy
- Economically disadvantaged persons
- Individuals who lack a work history
- Individuals who were dishonorably discharged from the military
- Others who experience a barrier to gaining employment due to their personal background
How fidelity bonds can help
- The no-cost, no-deductible bond covers the employer for any loss due to work-related employee theft or dishonesty.
- The bond can apply to any Alaskan full or part-time, permanent or temporary job* where federal taxes are automatically deducted from the employee’s pay.
- There are no required forms or other paperwork to sign, and the bond typically issues immediately upon hire.
* Self-employed persons cannot be covered by these Fidelity Bonds.