Ed Flanagan, Director
Provide labor exchange, employment and training services, and unemployment insurance to Alaskans and Alaska businesses, thereby advancing opportunities for employment and providing economic stability for communities in Alaska.
- Operate the Alaska Labor Exchange system (ALEXsys), an online no-fee labor exchange system that connects job seekers with employers.
- Operate job centers across the state to provide services to job seekers and employers and promote long-term employment for Alaska’s workforce.
- Provide job training and counseling services to qualified job seekers and veterans.
- Provide temporary unemployment insurance benefits to eligible unemployed workers while they are seeking employment.
- Assist unemployment insurance claimants and adjudicate claims.
- Collect employment security tax contributions and maintain the integrity of the Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund from which benefits are paid.
- Provide adult basic education services to adults who need a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.