State of Alaska > DOLWD > Labor
Standards & Safety > Occupational
Safety and Health
An AKOSH Cooperative Program
Promoting Safe and Healthful Jobs For Alaskans
Alaska Occupational Safety and Health (AKOSH)
- The Partnership program provides an opportunity for a large, diversified employer or a group of employers to work cooperatively with AKOSH to improve workplace safety and health performance. Acceptance into a partnership by AKOSH is an achievement that will require significant ongoing efforts. The goals of partnership are varied and may include
- Reduce accidents and related costs
- Increase productivity with less down-time & improved employee morale
- Improved industry focus on causes of workplace accidents
- Reduce worker’s compensation costs and reportable injuries
- Establish teamwork and ongoing commitment between AKOSH, the employer and employees to achieve safety and health goals
- Low priority programmed enforcement inspections. Certain sites may quality for a one year deferral from random enforcement inspections.
To participate in a Partnership, employers must:
- Request a cost-free consultation visit from AKOSH that involves a complete hazard identification survey (1-800-656-4972.);
- A safety and health specialist will review your operation and provide guidance, to help you meet the required standards.
- Involve employees in the consultation process;
- Commit resources to perform ongoing worksite evaluations;
- Correct all identified hazards within a reasonable time period;
- Implement and maintain a safety and health management system that meets or exceeds AKOSH Safety and Health Program Management Guidelines;
- Reduce the incidence of workplace accidents to levels targeted in the partnership agreement;
- Promote workplace safety and health and the goals and achievements of the partnership; and
- Pursue and achieve other goals agreed to by the partners.
Not Quite Ready for Partnership?
- The first step toward making a change to improve workplace safety and health is to assess the workplace hazards and establish potential solutions. This may be accomplished by requesting a comprehensive safety and health consultation. This will help you identify and eliminate workplace hazards without the threat of penalties associated with an enforcement inspection.
To view partnership participants click here.
AKOSH PARTNERSHIP CONTACT:
Krystyna Markiewicz, Chief
Alaska DOL OSH Consultation and Training
3301 Eagle Street, Suite 305
Anchorage, AK 99503
Toll free in Alaska: 1-800-656-4972
Phone: 907-269-4955 Fax: 907-269-3723
Via e-mail at: email@example.com